The Embassy is headed by the Ambassador who is a representative of the President of the Republic of Malawi. Together with other diplomatic members of staff, the Ambassador conducts official business of the Government Malawi in the Federal Republic of Germany. The main duties and services of the Embassy are as follows:
- To facilitate and coordinate economic activities relating to trade, investment and tourism in Germany, and other accredited countries.
- To facilitate the mobilization of aid and technical assistance from Germany and all the Embassy's accredited countries.
- To issue passports or other travel documents to Malawian nationals as well as to foreign nationals wishing to visit or reside in Malawi.
- To meet with nationals on matters affecting their social well-being. Make regular visits to communities where nationals reside to listen to their concerns and address these needs as required.
- To notarize/authenticate legal documents for Malawian nationals and companies doing business in Malawi.
The Embassy of the Republic of Malawi in Berlin is the official representative of the Malawi Government in the Federal Republic of Germany. The Embassy is also accredited on non-residential basis to the following countries:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Slovak Republic
- The Holy See
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS - 2020
- 1 January - New Year's Day
- 15 January - John Chilembwe Day
- 3 March - Martyr's Day
- 10 April - Good Friday
- 13 April - Easter Monday
- 1 May - Labour Day
- 14 May - Kamuzu Day
- 6 July - Public Holiday
- Sighting of the new moon - Eid Ul Fitri
- 15 October - Mother's Day
- 25 December - Christmas Day
- 26 December - Boxing Day